The first level of the three Cambridge English: Young Learners (YLE) tests for children.
This is the first level of the three Cambridge English: Young Learners (YLE) tests for children. In this level, students will take the first step towards
- understanding basic English content on the internet
- enjoying books, songs, television and films in English
- making friends globally.
This homework series introduce children to everyday written and spoken English and is an excellent way for them to gain confidence and improve their English.
The homework is designed to prepare the students for the Cambridge test format for the listening, reading and writing papers. These papers teach different English skills that are divided into parts. There are two parts in the listening homework, three parts in the reading homework, and one part in the writing homework. Once the students have completed all the parts, they move on to the next stage.
- Stage One: Introduction
- Stage Two: Repetition
- Stage Three: Reinforcement
Each homework must be completed for the student to move on to the next assignment. Nearly all responses are graded automatically, and the correct answers will be discussed in the following lesson. At the end of the course, students will receive a certificate to mark their achievement for completing the online portion of the Cambridge English course.
What will the student learn?
- Listening: to understand simple sentences about things around them, like 'This is a chair,' 'I like my school', and 'That's my pen', to understand simple expressions of communication, and to follow simple classroom instructions.
- Reading and Writing: to recognize and write the letters of the English alphabet, to spell their name and simple words, to write simple sentences about themselves and their family, to understand simple written instructions, and to recognise and copy words, phrases and short sentences.